This 1936 photo shows the Holden Building all decked out for Vancouver's 50th birthday
. It was built in 1911 and served as City Hall
from 1924 to 1936. The office building was converted to residential units for local seniors in 1988, and is now called the Tellier Tower
. Notice the sign for the 'Don't Argue' Coffee Shop next door, neighbour to the famous 'Only'
Seafood restaurant, which lived there from 1916 until 2009. These buildings, along with the Woods Hotel
to the west, form a rich treasure trove of Vancouver's heritage.