The Clayburn brick plant was built in 1905, after the discovery of a high-grade clay deposit on Sumas Mountain. The village
was created to house the workers, and although the plant was closed in 1931, many buildings remain, including the general store, seen here in 1910. Today it's a candy shop
, and a popular destination for visitors to the area.