Built in 1908 by R.D. Rorison
, a prominent real estate developer who bought the English Bay Cannery
, tore it down and built this house for himself. It's in the heart of Kitsilano, just blocks from West 4th, the hippie capita
l of Canada in the 1960s. The Peace House, as it became known, was a popular crash pad used by the Grateful Dead, Ginger Baker, and Timothy Leary, among others.