When it was built in about 1895, the Templeton Block sat on one of the busiest intersections of the city. It was among the first brick buildings constructed after the Gastown fire. Over the years it attracted a wide variety of tenants
. In 1910 Knowlton’s Pharmacy
moved in, and stayed there until just a couple of years ago, still using its original display cases and shelving.