In the 1950s, hundreds of thousands of people would line East Hastings Street to watch the PNE Parade
go by. These days this neighbourhood near Princess Street is looking a little more ragged, lacking much of the colour that the old Kodachrome image has. The Carl Rooms Block
has lived on this corner since 1909, currently owned by the City, as is the Patrick Anthony Residence
two doors west (left). The one-storey tailor shop building just next to it is also still there, barely.