Uncovering Vancouver's Architectural History
2114 West 4th, Vancouver
This nondescript building on a busy street in Kits has a colourful past.
in 1913 for the Vaudeville circuit, it became a movie house until the doors were closed in 1955.
The Russian Community Centre
took it over in 1958, and in 1966 it became The Afterthought, a psychedelic concert hall.
The Grateful Dead and Steve Miller
played there, among others.